Wednesday’s are a tad crazy around my house! So having a rigid morning routine helps the morning run smoothly and the evening run even smoother.
My morning routine consists of getting up early, changing into my swim suit, shoving a towel in my workout bag, taking my supplements (Nuun tablets, BCAAs, Beta Alanine, Sports Legs), making my first cup of coffee, switch the laundry, head to the pool for workout number one, return from the pool, get the girls around for school, sign homework, send lunch money, switch laundry again, change into running clothes, kiss the girls good-bye while they hop on the boss, go get on my treadmill and get workout number two done for the day.
Then this is where today’s recipe comes in to play, I make something in the crockpot that everyone loves, so when the chaos of our evening begins, it’s less chaotic.
So I make an easy, go-to dinner, get around for work and head to work for the day.
Both the girls have practice tonight, so I go straight home, get the girlies, drop off daughter number one at one gym, take daughter number two to the store to replace her basketball, take daughter two home to change for her practice, then take daughter number two to practice at a different gym, drive back to gym that’s holding daughter number one, read for 20 minutes, go into daughter number one’s practice so she doesn’t worry, drive back to gym holding daughter number two, go in to her so she doesn’t worry, then finally head home. And BOOM dinner is already ready, and everyone can eat without waiting on me.
Everyone here loves this recipe. It’s easy to whip up. And usually there are leftovers for lunches later in the week.
– 8-9 smaller chicken tenderloins or 3 large chicken breast
– 1 can rotel
– 1 can corn
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 1 can jalapeño verde
– 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1-2 T cumin
– 1-2 T chili powder
– salt & pepper, as desired
1. Place chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Add rotel, corn, diced tomatoeS, jalapeño verde, kidney beans, and black beans.
3. Top with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
4. Put crockpot on low for 6-9 hours.
5. Serve alone or over tortilla strips, with cheese and sour cream.