Well what a week! Between work, a million basketball practices this week, both girls in a basketball tournament, my workouts and sticking to my Challenges for 2018, and Bill having what can only be explained as the plague, it’s been a crazy week.
Here is where I am at with my 2018 Challenges:
BIT Challenge – I am totally loving challenge. Most of them have been going great so far, some, not so much.
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast – this has been an easy one
- 4 Servings of Veggies – ✅
- 2 Servings of Whole Grains – ✅
- Properly Fuel During Workouts – ✅
- 8 glasses of water – ✅
- Avoid processed sugars (doesn’t include training sugars) – ✅
- Avoid alcohol – ✅ (although I haven’t loved it, I’m still nailing this one, and truly sleeping much better and gettting up early much easier)
- Avoid fried food – ✅
- Perform Active Recovery on Rest Days – haven’t had any rest days
- Complete Triathlon Focused Workouts – ✅ (nailing them!)
- Completing Scheduled Workouts for the Day – ✅
- PR during workout – ✅ (assessment week! So it was the one time I’ll probably see this for a bit!)
- Cross Train or Strength Workout – ❌ (in fairness though, none have been scheduled)
- Core Workout – ✅
- Recover Properly – ☢️ (Some days yes, other days no)
- Miss Workout – ✅ (No Misses Yet!)
- 7 hours of sleep – ☢️ (Most days)
- Multivitamin or Supplements – ✅
- Read a wellness article, blog, book – ✅
- Invest in Yourself (Try something new) – ❌
- 15 Minutes of Focused Relaxation – ☢️ (Most days)
- Speak with Someone that Keeps You Accountable – ✅
- Go Out of Your Way to Help Someone – ❌
- Active Time With Family – ✅
Run The Day – This is a fun challenge and the folks I am doing with it are fun too! We should have a group number next week, but everyone is working hard!
1000 Miles in 2018 – Great week to get started on, with 21.7 mi down for the year.
TriMafia 2600 Club – Swim miles: 2 mi & 1705yds of 100; Bike miles: 62.1 mi of 2000; Run: 21.7 mi of 500yds.
Team Kreitz Challenge – Last Man Standing – everyone is still standing strong! And the challenge has been super fun with everyone nailing their workouts and holding one another accountable.