1. Who inspires you? My children inspire me, they inspire me to work hard and show them that anything that they want can be theirs with hard work.
2. What was the last book you read without skipping through anything? I don’t skip around when I read, I think the last book that I read was called Spilled Milk by K.L. Randis, which was a great book. I am currently reading The Arrangement by Sarah Dunn.
3. What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it? On the back of my neck from my wetsuit rubbing it raw, which it seems to happen over and over no matter what I try to do to protect it.
4. What is the most random thing you’ve ever watched all the way through on Netflix? I watch every single Forensic Files episode, over and over. I watch them on my bike and before I go to sleep, or when I am sick, or bored, or doing housework… I think you get the point.
5. If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day who would it be and why? Tricky… I don’t think I would say, but I would very much like to understand people in my life’s thinking…
6. Do you believe in ghosts? No, but probably only because I haven’t had an experience to lead me to believe they exist, and honestly I hope that I don’t.
7. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or sky diving? All of the above are bucket list items for me.
8. Which would be harder for you to give up: coffee or alcohol? Coffee… I give up wine here and there for a few weeks at a time, I never, ever give up coffee.
9. How did you meet your best friend? Well I have two. My sister, who my mom brought home from the hospital and forced upon me (ha!!), is and will forever be my best friend, someone that has experienced all of my life with me and knows every detail and doesn’t judge me. And Amber, who I met at work, and has been an amazing, incredible best friend and training partner even when I haven’t always been the best friend to her that I could be, she has blessed my life in a lot of ways.
10. Do you have a sweet tooth or a savory tooth? I have a salt tooth… IS THAT WEIRD? I crave potato chips or other salty things like that. I don’t like almost anything sweet (I do however like sweet wine and dark chocolate).
12. What accomplishments are you most proud of? Raising my daughters, hands down, nothing makes me more proud.
13. If you were going to go to the movies alone, what would be the perfect film for you to watch by yourself? Any chick flick that will make me cry, so no one can make fun of me afterwards.
14. What is your favorite Wikipedia article? Hmmmmmmm…. I don’t think I have a favorite one.
15. Tell me about the best vacation you’ve ever taken? Definitely Hawaii… It is just magical there.
16. Where is your favorite place to go on a weekday afternoon when you have no plans or obligations? Home, to nap. 🙂
17. What is one of the craziest things you used to do as a teenager? Skip class to go smoke cigarettes I stole from my grandma in the baseball bus with another girl and an inmate that worked at the school for work release! I would KILL my daughter’s if they did this!!!
18. Gin, vodka, or tequila? None, I can’t handle hard alcohol well…..
19. What drives you to do what you do? What motivates you? Again, my daughters. Hands down.
20. In your opinion, what is the best Disney movie to come out since Disney’s Golden Age? Beauty and the Beast, for sure. But The Little Mermaid is a close second, I literally have every word to every song memorized.
21. What kind of phone was your first cell phone? A Nokia, with a bright orange snap on face plate.
22. What did you love most about the place you grew up? Orofino is a small town where everyone knows everyone and that makes it a safe and good place to be. Plus the mascot is a Maniac!
23. What trajectory are you hoping to push yourself onto? Right now, to kill this damn Ironman thing.
24. What is your most bizarre talent? Hmmmmmm. I can fold my tongue in to thirds, I can clasp my hands behind my back and bring them to the front without unclasping my hands, and I can pinch extremely hard with my toes.
25. What’s your favorite cheesy pick-up line? This is not cheesy, but someone once used this line on me and I don’t think that I will ever forget it. I was out playing pool and a man came up to me and said, “If I was going to rape and murder someone in here tonight, it would be you.” Just to be clear, do not use this pick up line. While he and I had a good laugh and I did not slap him, like I probably should have, it didn’t earn him any points or my phone number and I did have someone walk me to my car when I left.