Tonight I threw together a salad, when I served it to the girls, my youngest said, “I don’t usually like your salads,” Gee thanks… “But this salad is ‘The Bomb Salad’.”
One, I thought I was the only person left on this earth still saying “The Bomb”. Two, any salad that a nine and ten year old LOVE, is a huge win in my opinion. And three, it’s super easy to make, dirties minimal dishes, and there is ZERO cooking involved!
- 1 cup Ranch
- 3 T Taco Seasoning, more if you like a little spice
- 2 cans of canned chicken, drained
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can Corn, drained
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 T canned diced green jalapeños
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded cheese
- Texas Toast Croutons, as you prefer (could be substituted with corn tortilla chips)
- Mix ranch and taco seasoning in a small bowl
- In a large salad bowl mix chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeños, lettuce, and cheese, combine thoroughly with a fork
- Dump dressing onto salad, mix well
- Eat your heart out! This made enough for us for dinner plus tons of leftovers!