As I sit in an Epson soak filled bathtub drinking down my protein drink I’m thinking about why any non-Runner/CrossFitter would ever want to be with/date/marry someone who does runs or does CrossFit…
1. Between CrossFit and running, it’s all I ever want to talk about.
2. I’m always sore. Therefore this sexy, ladylike walk that most women have, looks more like a hobble by the end of the week.
3. My hands look like I’m an old rancher, between the calluses, current open blisters and scabbed up blisters. Seriously, this is not sexy. My feet aren’t much better.
4. I wear compression socks to bed far more often than anything remotely sexy. And often a sports bra…
5. I have a constant split open sore on my ass from sit-ups… And it really hurts, a lot.
6. I take a small pharmacy everyday between the ibuprofen and naproxen for my foot, the 9 supplements, the protein and other stuff I need for my shakes, and the preworkout.
7. I own more workout clothes and shoes than work clothes.
8. I fall asleep every night in the middle of whatever movie or show I’m watching, forcing Bill to watch the same show over and over.
9. I’m ravenous everyday and eat more food than a football player, lugging my tote filled with food to work everyday. And I make separate meals for myself then my family every single day.
10. And when I miss a full day of CrossFit or running, I’m a freaking grouch.
I couldn’t help but evaluate this last night when watching a show with Bill. As he sits there, relaxed, watching the show blissfully. I sit there with an ice pack on my foot, elevated in the air, a heat pack on my back, a glass of wine exhausted and dreading my 4:20am alarm.
Bill tells me he doesn’t want to do anything that makes him move or sweat, I think he’s got a good point. But when I die, all crippled up and full of arthritis, I’ll know what badassery things I’ve done and that will be totally worth it.